Monday, December 22, 2008

SSG got a meme!


Miss Thang, SSG (aka Super-Hot Pants), went and got herself a meme!  I hope she has some cream to clear that up!

Anyway, I wanted to play along, so here goes!

Something you can see from your window

Above is a picture out the French doors to the deck.  Yes, that is our bistro table, and look at that snow!  Eeeeaack!  No self respecting beach bartender is going to bring me a drink under these conditions!

Couldn't decide to show snow or ice, so I am giving you both!  Above is the view from our kitchen window, please disregard the screen, but SSG made rules you know!!

Something from your kitchen

So I had to decide between all the candles from the power outage (yes, we froze our who-ha's off for a while....) or the rooster collection Jimmy has.  So, I chose to take the above photo of a few of his Cocks for you.  These are just a few of the collection.  (Please do not send anymore.......)

A book from your bookshelf

Okay, so Cookies is probably not the kind of read you were looking for, but heck, we are snowed in!  If I want to read something not so light, I can.  Besides, the chaco-filled-orgasmic-cover shot is FABULOUS (just in case you wanted to know!)!

Something from your closet

This is a "bag" that Aunty Bunny got for me when she was in Gay Pareeee'.  I have loved this print forever, in fact I collected one from a telephone pole in Paris, and framed it like a hundred years ago.  Now it is all trendy.  Poopy!  Anyway, Rodolptte Salis painted this.

Something you love just because

I know, I know.  Why a box and and Urn?  The Urn holds the remains of our first born.  Schiza (aka Eine kliene Schiza or One little Shit!) was a kitty we got when he was too young.  I took a week off of work and feed him with an eyedropper.  He slept on our bed on a heating pad, and grew up, just that spoiled.  Having said that, he was completely attached to me.  All he ever wanted to do was to be close enough to touch me, even in his last moments.  The box holds our first dog, Barney.  Barney came to us from a SEVERELY ABUSIVE background.  I wont go into the horrors we discovered on his body left from his previous owners, but it was enough to make me question why this dog would ever, ever look another human being in the eye without running for his life.  It took Barney a good year to settle into our home.  I think he just kept waiting for us to hurt him, but that never happened.  We figured, what ever Barney went through before was more then enough to cover his entire life.  Barney got to do whatever he wanted too, and he deserved it.  After that first year, Barney let us be part of his pack.  We were family, and he lived everyday in extreme happiness or napping with his best friend Schiza.  They are still together, and Jimmy and I both still talk to them.  (No, we are not insane, well maybe a little.......HA!)  Anyway, those friends and family that new these two understand how intense the relationships were for Jimmy and I.  These were our children.  Now we have Oscar and Vera, and they are following suit in their own way!

8 comments:

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl December 22, 2008 at 5:09 PM  

Yay! Yay! Yay! I grew strong and I learned how to get alooooong! LOVE YOU and yo meme ; )

Unknown December 22, 2008 at 5:41 PM  

Thanks for this glimpse into the inner life of Predo! I like your take on things. I especially like those dangerous shards of icicles.

How sweet that you have your babies with you for eternity. I think that is so wonderful.

Predo...I am feeling quite left out...have you been by to visit me yet? It would mean a lot to me if you came by for a visit.

marlene

Predo December 22, 2008 at 6:16 PM  

Dear Living on the Spit:

Sorry I had not dropped by, but now I did. Your poor man! He is all sicky-poo, but you are obviously a GODDESS!! I certainly appreciate the gift of a caring soul when I am sick (and even when I am not...). Regardless, You are absolutely FABULOUS! I will be back tomorrow for the update! Big Hugs to both of you!!!

Anonymous,  December 22, 2008 at 7:12 PM  

Oh, the love of a formerly abused animal surpasses all others. Our "first born" was a tiny chihuahua named Jack. He only weighed six pounds, and had been burned with cigarettes....among other things. It took us several months to get him to stop urinating on the floor when we reached down to pet him. Once we made "the breakthrough" he was under the covers to stay:)

As Cool Breeze always says, animals and children are good judges of character. You, my dear, must be THE BEST:)

Suz Broughton December 22, 2008 at 11:59 PM  

That last part is so great. My husband and I feel the same way about our dog and cat that passed away. We STILL miss them and talk about them. I'm misty just writing about them.
I wish I had their ashes. That is precious. I GET you!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. December 23, 2008 at 5:18 AM  

P~ I have roosters in my kitchen. And I just love them~Tell Jimmy I admire his collection OK?

It's cold here but we dont have the white stuff. Thank goodness =. You can take a sleigh ride for me!

We are animal lovers here in the big woods too. We have lots of critters! Thanks for sharing that. It brings back some fond memories.

Bella Della December 23, 2008 at 5:53 AM  

Can you believe SSG made a meme???? Times are getting tough. Well, I am playing. It was fun.

You know that I am an animal lover too. I love what you wrote about your babies.

Hugs!

Cool Breeze December 23, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

As BHE said, we have always loved our animals, and yes they are certainly our children.

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP