Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sunday Breakfast...

On Sunday, Kyle and I and some friends had Breakfast with the fabulous, and famous SSG! She is doing well, and is as HOT as ever!!! I think the waiter was hitting on her, as he had to bring her food completely separate from the rest of us, and I swear I caught him checking out if his ass looked good in the mirror. We dined and chatted, the whole time, the entire restaurant was whispering about who SSG was, but of course that was to be expected, what with the Jackie O sun glasses and all......

When the reporters started flocking at the door, I whisked her away through the back door. She survived unscathed and un-photographed (if that is a word, who knows.....) Regardless, I am now thinking of devoting my life to being her head of security at the compound within which we shall ALL live!

Just a point of note, if you are living with us at the compound, it is a requirement that you tell me every single day, no scratch that, you tell me every single time you see me, that my pants make my ass look fabulous!!!! I am not in need of support for my own esteem, it is just that I have to compete with SSG!!!

So, FANTASTIC RECIPE.....

Butternut squash and apple soup! (really, you will love it, I swear!!!)

Ingredients
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons good olive oil
4 cups chopped yellow onions (3 large)
2 tablespoons mild curry powder
5 pounds butternut squash (2 large) (I actually roasted mine - cut in half, lay cut side down and bake at 350 for 40 min...)
1 1/2 pounds sweet apples, such as McIntosh (4 apples)
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 cups water
1 cups good apple cider or juice
Directions
Warm the butter, olive oil, onions, and curry powder in a large stockpot uncovered over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, until the onions are tender. Stir occasionally, scraping the bottom of the pot.

Peel the squash, cut in half, and remove the seeds. Cut the squash into chunks. Peel, quarter, and core the apples. Cut into chunks.

Add the squash, apples, salt, pepper, and 2 cups of water to the pot. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook over low heat for 30 to 40 minutes, until the squash and apples are very soft. Process the soup through a food mill fitted with a large blade, or puree it coarsely in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.

Pour the soup back into the pot. Add the apple cider or juice and enough water to make the soup the consistency you like; it should be slightly sweet and quite thick. Check the salt and pepper and serve hot.

2 comments:

ab March 17, 2010 at 8:16 PM  

Please tell SSG hi for me! And hello to you, hot stuff!

Unknown March 18, 2010 at 7:29 AM  

You and I can build all the picket fencing on the compound and paint them all bright pink. I would tell you every hour that your ass looks fabulous in those pants at least once an hour!

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP