Thursday, August 20, 2009

A surprise arrived today!!!!

While enjoying the waterfall (and ignoring the heat) today I was happy to see the moss is recovering nicely from the days of 106 degree temps!


Above the waterfall, the stream that leads to it is looking well too. The moss and ground cover there is looking quite happy!


And to top it all off, the Lilly Pads have sent up a little color of their own! Our first this year! We usually have had several red and pink flowers, but with the strange weather patterns we have not been blessed with any. Instead, our tropical lilly, which truly loves heat, kicked out a perfect starburst! Just look at that bad boy! Perfection!

3 comments:

T August 20, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

just lovely!

I think all of our gardens have had some sort of weather shock! Mine just never recoverd.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. August 21, 2009 at 4:50 AM  

I love it! Some of my potted flowers have already bit the dusk inspite of all my watering efforts. Did I mention it was hot as hell here?
<><

HalfAsstic.com August 21, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

Beautiful! I know moss loves sunlight and as long as it is staying moist, it seems like it would do well...(?).

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP