Saturday, April 25, 2009

Q and A!

Wow, lots of questions!  Thanks for the emails as well.  So, let me make an attempt to answer some of those all important questions!


Does it hurt?

Nope!  Actually, if you look at the needles, they are very thin.  They are about the width of a human hair.  When she puts them in, most of the time I don't feel a thing until she starts turning them.  She works the needle to gain "Chi" which feels like a little pea sized ball in the muscle.  The point of this is to cause the muscle to relax and the blood flow to open up.  You can see in the pictures that the skin is red around the needles, this is because of the blood flow, kind of like blushing.  It does not hurt at all, it is hard to explain, but if you try it you will understand.

Do you feel them going in?

The needles are put in by tapping on the needle though a little tube.  You can see the ends are wrapped like a spring, and usually that is how I know she put one in, I hear the sound and that is about it.  To tell the truth, after the first couple are in, I start to fall asleep.  I really have to focus to stay awake until she leaves the room!

How long do they stay in?

That depends on why you are doing it.  I am usually under the needles for about 45 minutes.  After that she does a little massage just to make sure all points are relaxed.  The session usually lasts about a hour in total.

Does it really help?

Yes, it really helps!  In my case, I need to relax muscles that have been trained for years.  The muscles on my left side are very tight and pull my spine in their direction.  I have an adjustment at the Chiropractor, and then follow up with Acupuncture to release those muscles.  I feel great for about 4 days after a session.  Every time, I feel better a little longer.  In fact, acupuncture and chiropractor together have kept me from having an iron rod put in my back!  I am quite happy about it so far!!

Does it cost a lot?

It costs about the same as my Chiropractor visits.  Some insurance does cover it, but mine doesn't.  She is very fair priced within the market here, in fact she is the cheapest in my entire area!  The first visit is a little longer because she wants to find out about how you live your life.  She can help make corrections or stop bad habits as well that could be affecting you.  It is whole life treatment for sure!  This is not like western medicine which simply gives you a pill to mask the problem.  This actually works with the root cause to correct it!  Even something as simple as the flu can be treated with great results!  Actually, a lot of the worlds medicine has been derived from eastern culture!

Why?

It can treat Neurological, Upper Respiratory, Digestive, Urinary and Reproductive disorders as well as Immune Function, Addictions, Eye/Ear disorders, Depression, Anxiety and Insomnia.  It is also wonderful for Chronic and Acute Pain (yes "Random Thoughts" I put this here for you!!!)

Are they licensed?

Yes indeed!  My acupuncturist is also a Chinese Herbalist (I don't know if that is the right term there...).

I hope this helps, but if you have other questions, please feel free to ask!  I think this is certainly worth a try!  My Hubby has also had wonderful success with acupuncture!!

5 comments:

Unknown April 25, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

What an informative and creative post...I might have to try this if I can find someone to hold my hand the first time.

I know...I have had 7 kids without an epidural, but I am a wimp around needles.

Predo April 25, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

Anything new is a little scary! No worries! It will be worth it for sure!!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl April 26, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

SSG really must DO THIS. This summer maybe ... sorry about last night : (

I've got mahself a little cold and didn't want to bring it to my two favorite boys.

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP