Monday, April 27, 2009

We the people.....

RIGHT!  WE THE PEOPLE, MY ASS!!!!


I apologize up front dear readers, but I have been ENRAGED for some time now!

OHSU, a local hospital has declined visitation to a same sex couple.  Sounds pathetic, right?  Not at all!  It happened some days ago, and I have been avoiding the topic as it would lead to some arrest worthy rant.

You see, I was once denied access to my husband at the hospital, and it happens all the time.  Here in Oregon, we have passed a law protecting our relationships, but hey, that is just words on paper, so who cares.  It seems civil rights are not for my people.  We have tried forever to gain the most basic of these, but to no avail.  I am tired of it.  Why does it not matter?  Seriously?  I guess my people are understood as quite,  and weak.  I have to tell you, not all of us are that way, and every day that passes pushes more of us to give up on waiting.

I have no tolerance left, and I must confess.  God save the person who tries to stand between me and my man again!  The laws of this country only work for the certain groups, so I now know that they are meaningless to my people.  I can no longer stand by quietly hoping and working for change.  The politics of this country do not support me.  These political leaders lie and cheat and steal from my kind.  I have been driven to a defensive posture that is not the person I want to be, but is a person I can easily become.  

This is not a threat, but a wake up call.  Groups of people can not be tread upon endlessly and still be expected to continue to take it.  Look at the suicide rate for teenagers in this country.  Look at school shootings!  Look at gang warfare!  Look at these situations and think about the next generation that is coming up in our nation.  Afraid?  You should be.

Lets think about this a second.  My people can not multiply themselves.  We need straight people to reproduce, and our population increases.  We are a product of the straight community, and we are not acceptable.  Don't you think this is just the slightest bit odd?  Are we the garbage tossed aside from the religious right?  Are we not human?

I was a soldier, trained to fight and kill for the american dream.  I was a cop, trained to protect the american dream.  I am gay, and expected to sit quietly by, and not live the american dream.

Again, this is a rant, unfocused and filled with extreme anger, but it is todays post.......

Everything I write sounds insane and aggressive.  I need to stop.

15 comments:

Anonymous,  April 27, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

No, you need to breathe, organize and communicate.

There is no more or less. A law is a law. Don't let them determine what we can do or say. This time we're in is 30 years in the making.

I Am Woody April 27, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

I wish I could blink and make all the injustices of this world go away. Until this world takes off their blinders and opens their minds, I'm afraid there will be no change.

Anonymous,  April 27, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

Predo, you've inspired a post...come see.

Unknown April 28, 2009 at 4:58 AM  

WE are ALL made out of the SAME "MOLD" We are ALL human beings, with feelings. IT SHOULD NOT MATTER what our skin color, religion, sex, or nationality is...WE SHOULD all be TREATED EQUALLY!

HOW DID this ALL EVOLVE in the beginning?!!

random thougths April 28, 2009 at 5:12 AM  

Ironically it takes a heterosexual act to make a gay person, yet the same people who created us choose to cast us aside. Understand completely where you are coming from. oops... I just outed myself again..LOL

ab April 28, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

It is unbelievable to me that we can't just treat people as people no matter what. I just don't understand.

Bella Della April 28, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

The least you deserve is a good rant. I can't imagine being kept away from the person I love. I just can't.

Big Hair Envy April 28, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

The Golden Rule says: "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

It does NOT specify that you must ignore this rule if the person happens to be gay, purple or of a different opinion. Rant away, my dear, rant away!!

HalfAsstic.com April 28, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

BHE said it for me. Can you imagine a hospital run by a gay administrator telling a straight couple that they can't visit one another because they are straight? Can you even begin to imagine the outcry? The cops would be called and the hospital would be put out of business by end of day.
What happened to you is awful and shouldn't be tolerated.

Anonymous,  April 28, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

There shouldn't be a 'my kind' or 'your kind.' We're all human.

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl April 28, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

Dude, I LOVE you. We were just talking about this in San Francisco this last weekend and at work the other day. KNOW that this will change. In my deepest of hearts I KNOW that you will get the freedom, rights and honor that you so deserve.

KNOW too that you have our respect, love, fight and support.

And I'm not above KICKING SOMEONE'S ASS if need be.

sars! April 29, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

I live in cali... home of prop 8 (said with disdain) and better I live in a conservative, college town, that thinks it's liberal and progressive. Sometimes it's like looking at a brick wall and screaming until you have no voice, then you realize... I need to turn around, and kick the shit out of something that may make a difference.

When you find what that is, let me know and I'll put on some steel toes.

Lys May 10, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

I'll help with the azzwhupping of any political hospital talking heads if you need it.

Seriously - there are laws on the books that need not be there - the government needs to stop the discrimination - sending good thoughts your way that Oregon (and all the other states) will see the light. *hugz*

Frita May 20, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

I wonder what it's going to take? What can we do...? It's so ridiculous that this is still even an issue and it drives me completely insane over how hypocritical it is, especially in light our our constitution and bill of rights... We the people ARE equal as long as we all fit into the "right" people mold.

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP