Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Cleaning....

Spring Cleaning at my house is a little different then most.  I know, I know, your laughing you ass off right now, but let me explain.


We tend to be very clean people (anally clean, almost unnaturally clean).  Well actually, I have to give that credit to My Hubby on that one.  Anyway, the spring cleaning I am talking about is outside.  See, we have lots of plants, and 4 ponds, and fish, and birds and squirrels (and as SSG found out yesterday, even a coyote)!

So, the week-end began with bark-dust all spread out, the stronger annuals planted, the hummingbird feeder refilled and the driveway washed.  This left the deck and the ponds.  I of course have no other option but to do the ponds, so Jim went off to the deck.  

It was 70 degrees yesterday, but the water has not had a chance to warm up yet.  Oh, did I say that to clean the ponds, I have to get in them?  Well I do!  So, with skimmer net in hand, I moved across the water, reaching deep down to pull up filters, or tree branches or muck of one kind or another.  It doesn't really bother me while I am doing it, I simply get cold, and then numb.  It is the after part that makes me crazy.  I was in the ponds for about 3 hours in total, and it took me about 12 hours to thaw out!  I even took a very hot bath!  At least I am warm now!!

So, the ponds are now all cleaned, but I need to reset the tubes and pump cords so that no one can see them.  This doesn't sound bad right?  Well next week-end is supposed to be in the forties to fifties!!!!

What ever the case, it is worth it, and once completed, I will post the photo's for you to see!!!

7 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. April 6, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

Well I for one cannot wait! Cdub has threatened to put a pond in for us. I think they are fabulous!
A coyote for real????
I worked in my flower beds as well this week end. I will be posting my tacky porch soon!

ab April 6, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Wasn't it a great weekend for outdoor activities? We cleaned up our raised beds and planted all sorts of early spring veggie starts. I can't wait for that time of year when I eat from my yard for 2 months straight!

T April 6, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

Activities like that this time of the year will freeze your bits and pieces off! lol!

Can't wait the pictures.

Tracey

Jason, as himself April 6, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

I'm sure it is going to be beautiful! In our last house I spent so, so much time gardening and maintaining the pond, the pool, and all of the fountains. That was hard work. But it sure was beautiful!

I Am Woody April 6, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

I would like to sit in your garden and have lemon drop. Or two. It sounds wonderful!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl April 6, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

That coyote scared me! You should have seen me trying to get it to go away! I was like "Shoo! (honk honk)! Leave my friends alone!" It looked at me like "bitch please."

Unknown April 7, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

Oooh! Can't wait for the pond pic's! I SO WANT just ONE!
And a coyote? SOunds INTERESTING TO me! It is definatley something I would consider, SERIOUSLY! :)
OH, and if you EVER get bored and WANT to CLEAN something else, PLEASE feel FREE to hop on over and help me OUT!!! :)

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP