Sunday, February 22, 2009

I always wanted to be a writer.

I always dreamed of being a writer.  Not the typical writer, but one kind of different.


I never wanted to be a novelist, or a series writer.  I wanted to write my own story, a little different.  I wanted to write emotion.  Not about emotion, but actual emotion.

Music is an outlet that hits me right in the hot spot as far as emotion goes, so lyric was always my forte' with regard to writing.  Songs, poems, short stories; these are the canvas on which I paint.  Blogging is nice, because it affords me the ability to turn point blank and change perspective, but it is still not my dream.

What is my dream?  Don't laugh!  My dream has been the same since my youth.  I want to write a Rock Opera.  I have always seen it.  Well, not actually performed on stage, but SSG would certainly play a leading role there!!!  My Rock Opera always appears in my head as a double album.  No CD's, no 8 track, and no cassette, just a double LP.  Four glorious sides of my work.

The two albums will hold a total of 4 acts, each side of an LP is one act.  There will be no break in the individual act, the music and lyric will roll on for the entire side.  It is hard to explain, but I liken it to musicians like The Who, The Beatles, Elton John, The Moody Blues and even The Rolling Stones.  I want what I write to appear as vision, but better then the likes of "Tommy" and his little pinball machine.  I want my work to be felt rather then understood.  I want my work to be born with it's own voice.  Now if only I could sing!!

Crazy?  Yeah, I know it is.  I mean, who buys LP's anymore?  What ever the case, one day, I will write a Rock Opera, and wether good or bad, it will be heard.  Then all six of the people who hear it will be impressed!  Ha!  This sounds so gigantically funny when put down in words for others to read, but isn't that the point?  Isn't that why we are here?  I think so, and I am grateful.  So, no matter how odd or unique, what is your dream?

8 comments:

Unknown February 22, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

That's not a bad dream and I do hope you put pen to paper to write it. Then, maybe they will make a comeback and you can be credited with the reprisal. Yeah, that's totally it.

I have so many dreams...I need to focus on one and be determined to finish that one.

Shhh...I don't want to say it too loud...(I secretly want to be a fabric designer for Moda or Michael Miller).

HalfAsstic.com February 22, 2009 at 2:47 PM  

Oh, Predo. There's nothing silly with your dreams! That sounds like a really cool one, too. I think it's one I would feel comfortable bragging about!
I guess my favorite dream of late is a vacation where John and I get to go to Italy and visit my brother, sister-in-law and nephew. Then head to the southern end and visit some good friends of ours. By ourselves. No kids, no Henrietta. Just us.

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl February 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

You. Must. Do. That. Now!!!!! I can totally see it/hear it!! Can you write a part in for me where I get to make out with Michael Vartan? And then you could, ahem as the director, keep yelling "CUT!" until we got it right? You're such a lamb.

In all seriousness, music is IN you. Listen and let it out. I think you not only will impress all of us, but yourself too : )

Love you!

And SSG is in dream crisis right now, but she'll pull out of it soon enough!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. February 23, 2009 at 5:13 AM  

There is no reason you cannot make this dream come true! I'll be waiting =)

Bella Della February 23, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

I say...GO FOR IT! When it comes to dreams I think nothing is ever too silly.

What's an LP? Don't worry- I am totally kidding but could not resist :)

Hugs,
Kim

PS- Do they make vegetarian corned beef? Ha!

Frita February 23, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Hi friend...

I love the idea of Predo priceline by the way. Will have to think of you for the next trip :o)

I think if anyone can pull off a rock opera, it would be you. I can tell that music moves your soul...a must for an opera no? I say get busy on it immediately.

I have too many dreams, which might be the problem, because I can't pick one. Currently, it's to be a web and graphic designer for the travel industry and be able to travel the world...as well as be a famous photographer.

Big Hair Envy February 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

Your dream is NOT crazy!!! BTW - I have a young aspiring opera star living in my home.....perhaps you could include a little soprano part for her?? She'd just DIE for a solo!! Heehee!!

My dreams? Right now, I'm too freakin' tired to dream...although, early in the morning, I dream of smashing the alarm clock with a hammer. Does that count?

Suz Broughton February 23, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

I will be the first to buy it. I have a record player and everything. You can totally do this.

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP