Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A dinner event....

I have been trying to think of a dinner event that would be fun.  I have been thinking of the chef challenge where they get a basket full of items to make a meal kind of event.  Here is what I have come up with.


First, I invite several people who are interested and set a time, maybe around 6pm.

Then, the day before, I give them the secret ingredients.  They can use anything else they want, but must use the items I list.  For example, onion, potato, can of garbanzo beans, and some peanuts.  They would then have to create a dish to bring to the dinner.

All parties would show up with what ever vision they had for dinner and we would taste them all.

I, of course, would be in charge of drinks and dessert!  I think that kind of a meal calls for Pina Colada's and banana splits!  Then again maybe a nice cheesecake would do.

The only issue is that all the dishes would have the same ingredients.  I wonder if I have enough booze?  I will keep thinking on this one!

5 comments:

Bella Della April 1, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

Sounds like a cool idea. Any excuse for eating and together time is good with me.

Word verification: predspid- you make a definition for that one, Mr. Predo.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. April 1, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

Very creative idea! You could always have a list of indgredients and let your guests choose a few from the list. That could be interesting.
But I agree with bella, any excuse to get together!
Keep me posted =)

Unknown April 1, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

That is such a fabulouso idea...please let us know how it turns out!!!

Jason, as himself April 1, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

I would like to attend, please.

Suzanne April 1, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

Good idea. You would have to give me more than a day to think something up, unless it is like, something already made, Ding Dongs.
I totally want to be invited!

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP