Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lil Deb knows how to make me feel stupid!!!

Lil Deb sent me this email, and after last nights rant, I thought I should share it.


Oh, and yes, as we all know I am truly a genius, but even I did not know this!  I blame Sesame Street, because this was never on it!!!!!!!!!


Always laugh when you can , it's cheaper than medicine.                                              


Duh!    
 
 

Was this something we were supposed to learn from our Mom's?????
I can't believe it's been there all this time
.  
    

I  had to go into the kitchen and check this out for  myself. 
Whoever looks at the end of your aluminum foil box?  
You know when you try to pull some foil out and  the roll comes out of the box. 
Then you have to  put the roll back in the box and start over. 
The darn roll always comes out at the wrong  time.
Well, I would like to share this with you. 
Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it,  
And looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, Press here to lock end. 
Right  there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place.. 
How long has this little locking  tab been there? 
I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. 
I then  looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! 
I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out, 
When I was trying  to cover something up.
I'm sharing this with my friends. 
I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this.  


15 comments:

I Am Woody April 28, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

I so did NOT know this. Going to check my box now!

I Am Woody April 28, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

It was there - who knew?!?!

Predo April 28, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

And Lil Deb saves the day yet again!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl April 28, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

UM! I just ran down to my kitchen too! GENIUS!

(And LOVE the flashback song!)

Bella Della April 29, 2009 at 6:33 AM  

OH MY GOD! I just read about this in one of my magazines and I never knew. I think the whole world has been left out of this big secret. It has changed my whole life ;)

ab April 29, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

I had no idea! This is brilliant!

sars! April 29, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

sadly, I did know this as I've been in the kitchen for far too long and found this as a child when the roll fell out and across the floor for the umpteenth (what kind of word is this???) time and I got flustered.

This is what happens when the kid is the mom... Had I found you earlier I may have been able to spare you moments of frustration... ;-)

random thougths April 29, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

DUDE! I had NO idea... I'm gonna run over to show MY mom...Always enjoy letting her know I know something she doesn't..LOL.. It doesn't happen very often...

Unknown April 29, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

Ha...I really did not know that but now I do and I am going to show all my kiddos so they do not go through life as dumb as their mother!

big hair envy April 29, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

Just call me "Clueless in Virginia"!

Anonymous,  April 29, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

well Ill be gosh darned.

I bet its on the saran wrap too, isnt it?

HalfAsstic.com April 29, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

OHMIGAWD! I can't believe that! Why don't the commie bastards that designed the stupid things just make it where the damn tabs are ALREADY PUSHED IN?
Predo, thank you so much for sharing this priceless information. I am going to pass it on, too!

T April 29, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

I so didn't believe it (since I tend to use store brands) so I ran into my kitchen - and I'll be damned! It was there (hangs head in shame).

Then what did I do???? What every good girlfriend does - called my friends to see if they too were clueless (they were!).

This kind of information......priceless!

Lys May 10, 2009 at 6:57 PM  

I learned this just recently - and, to be frank, I wish I knew it a long long time ago.


Totally of topic, but your blog is channeling Lil' Wayne with the verification word "A Mili" *LOL*

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP