Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And so it began.....

Before getting started I would like to thank my entire cast of characters, whom will be introduced as the story presents itself.  All of them are in my heart and memories as giving me the best vacation of my life.


Mostly, I would like to thank Lil' Deb and my Husband.  Their courage, humor, cooking ability and comfort are greater then anyone I could have imagined.  I love you both to the depths of my heart!

and so.....


Wednesday afternoon, at work, at my desk, focused on a particular numbers issue, my cell phone rings.

Hello!
(Laughter) Well Hello my Darling!  
Where are you?
Sitting on your deck, in the sun!
OMFG!  I will be there in about an hour!!!!

Lil Deb destroyed any ability I had to ever pay attention to another file.  I had to go, and I did.  I actually was there in a half hour!

I entered the house, and Mr. Lil Deb was planted on the couch, remote in hand, basking in the coolness of our basement.  I waved at him, and ran full speed to the deck!  (I must interject here, Mr. Lil Deb is a Genius, with more then one Masters Degree, and one of the most amazing people I know.  My respect for him is gigantic, but I had to have a full fledged, squeeze the breath right out of you hug from Lil Deb.  By the way, she gives perfect hugs!!!)

Lil Deb was facing away from the door, and I walked slowly outside, acting as if it was just everyday that she stopped by, and we both broke out into laughter and hugs that pretty much lasted though supper.  Her husband must think us insane, but he is always completely polite and always the perfect gentleman.  We spent too long into the night reliving old stories and catching up on new ones.  It was wonderful and so very relaxing.  When true friends come to visit, it is as if nothing else matters.

We plotted our plan for the Jack-o-lope farm (trade marked, so no details for you all) and we came up with a new idea involving tasmanian devils (again trade marked, but required some velcro and a unicorn horn......)  Road side attractions, here we come!!!!

I had told our precious Lil Deb that we were playing by ear, no plans except a few things for Grandpa.  Of course she was perfectly okay with this, and only produce enough map-quest instructions to hobble a pack mule in his prime!  So, after much perusing, the only thing that came out of all those maps, was that we had to go to Gothom!  (do you sense a lead in here?  Ah, not yet my drooling little kitten, there is so much more to come!)

We then all got naked and spent the next three hours playing hot tub charades.  Just kidding, no hot tub, no naked and no charades, I was just trying to get your attention.  Did it work?  I guess I did not think Gothom was enough.

Finally, we went to bed, giggling like little school girls, long into the night!  I know Mr. Lil Deb was thinking he may have to separate us or something.  Regardless, I made it to bed, but slept very little........

Day 2 was Thursday, my Hubbie and I both had to work as we were not leaving until Friday.  Now mind you, Lil Deb had been packed for about three months, but we of course had not even begun to think about it.

I went to work, could not focus, gave up and came home at lunch time.  Lil Deb and I had a beer, talked about life, the world, political events, the changes our bodies go through as we get older, fiber, aspirin, heating pads and the good ole days!!!!  When Sir James (my Hubbie) arrived home, we were already out of control.  In a whirlwind, we were packed, the chores were then all done, a light meal and the thought of going to bed early as we had to get up at 2:50 in the morning.  At some point we all went to bed, but I did not sleep at all.  Repacked in my head, check tickets, printed rental car.  You know, all that crap.  At 2:30 in the morning I thought I would go out of my head.  How can they be sleeping?  How do they do that?  Their alarms went off, and our vacation began!!!!

Our Towncar service came to pick us up, as usual 10 min. early, just so we have time to freak out, recheck everything, and then be on our merry way.  (Just in case you ever make it to Portland, give Moe a call at AAA Towncar, they are 5 star, fabulous, and about a dollar more then a cab!!!!!  Love them!!!  And Ladies, they open the door for you!)

Now that we are in day three, I must pause, and start anew tomorrow.  Please hold......

Sorry, I must interject here.  I forgot to add that there were far more pairs of underwear packed then required.  We tend to laugh so much we actually do piddle a little!  Just a warning, as this was an event that has relevance.  Enough said.......




4 comments:

HalfAsstic.com June 9, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH! JUST GO AHEAD AND LEAVE ME HANGING, WHY DON'T CHA!
Seriously, this is awesome! I can't wait to see whay kind of trouble you all get into together! Fun, fun, fun!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl June 9, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

Oh, yay, yay, yay! WELCOME HOME!!!! I missed you! And can't wait to tackle you next time I see you!!!

Bella Della June 10, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

Your excitement just makes me smile! Welcome home! I can't wait to hear all your stories. I've been thinking about you and wondering about Grandpa.

Unknown June 10, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

Glad to have you back!!! I can not wait to hear more! I love the way you keep me thrilled.

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP