Sunday, September 13, 2009

Grandpa's stories.....

Hello again my dearest readers! I have been less then acceptable with my posting, but I do intend to make up for it.


Today, I sit here transcribing tales from Grandpa that he has recorded onto an old fashioned "Cassette Tape Recorder"! Yes, I know, very dated technology, but almost the only thing he is willing to learn about. He is after all approaching 90, so I think I will go easy on him.

Anyway, my whole life, Grandpa told stories. Everyone always got a good laugh from Grandpa's tales, and he made sure that he never put a name or singled anyone out that might get their feelings hurt. I should mention, his tales are not the cleanest ones, but he does pick on everyone, just to be fair. So, I intend to post of few of his stories, and up front as that no one feel offended. These are just simple, old time stories that he himself grew up on. Please enjoy them.

I am going to post the above paragraph, just so no one gets upset with me!

So, here is the first one.....

Tales from Harley Walter:



Two Nuns are walking down the street with a big bunch of groceries in their hands. It looked like it was going to rain, then started to Thunder and Lightning. They really started stepping it off so they wouldn’t get caught in it. They went passed a Barber Shop, and one of them say’s “I think I smell hair burning” to which the other replies “Do you think we are walking too fast?”




I will post a few more over the next few days, please check them out!

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP