Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree.......

So, the morning was spent getting about a thousand plastic boxes down from the attic!  Look how pretty!


We set up the tree (a much smaller one then usual this year.  Usually we are climbing up a 10 footer, but this year settled for about a 7 footer.  Jimmy got all these lights up while I was freezing in the pond.....


Oscar and I had some playtime with "Skinny Raccoon" for awhile until he started getting tired.  He kept playing, and then was sitting there looking at me with his eyes slowly closing.  I put his favorite blanket down so he was "involved" in the tree trimming, and out he went!!!! 


So, tree complete, now just need to wrap presents and finish decorating the living room.  I mean seriously, of the twenty-teen boxes we pulled down, we only emptied two!!!!  More pix to follow....


The tree up means break-time for daddies.  Jimmy was working on the crossword, and I took a moment to do a little light reading.  I seems my lap must be the place to be!  Funny, it is like this every week=end day morning.  Makes it hard to read, but I would not change a thing!!!!

Hope your week-end was as cuddly as mine!!!


7 comments:

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl December 8, 2008 at 6:19 AM  

Oh I like the tree in front of the windows! Can't wait to come over and see it. And YES, I can guarantee my weekend was as snuggly as yours, but not by choice. Am home AGAIN today. Please send a cure for the plague or whatever it is that I have. Maybe TB.

Bella Della December 8, 2008 at 8:00 AM  

Everything looks wonderful! Isn't it amazing how many boxes we accumulate! I am now trying to get all the empties back in the attic. I will have tree pictures later in the week. It's my most favorite tree ever and if I can figure out how to do it I will take your advice and do a little video tour. I believe my digital camera has a video feature!

Lys December 8, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

I'm sooo dreading dragging out the holiday decorations. But snuggly - yeah, if Shadow wasn't trying to kill me for her "date with Santa", I'd be all for that.

The tree looks fabulous!

Big Hair Envy December 8, 2008 at 10:05 AM  

Would you mind coming over and getting my tree all set up for me? UmK, thanks:) The boxes have been pulled out of the attic, but, alas, nothing opened as of yesterday.

The picture of you with your babies is absolutely priceless!!!! LOVE it! That's sort of how it looks at my house as well...

Cool Breeze December 8, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

Yeah, what's up with all the boxes. I told BHE as we were bringing our stuff down from the attic that basically half of everything up there is Christmas stuff. Why, for two or three weeks out of the year?

HalfAsstic.com December 8, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

How did you get all my storage boxes over there? I swear mine look just like that! AND they are still unpacked! John is off tomorrow and the next day and we are Christmas-ing the place out!
Love the tree and am jealous of the cozy time with the animals. I am going to finish up early tonight if it kills me and they will be alllll over me.

Suz Broughton December 8, 2008 at 11:55 PM  

That is exactly what I look like right now, two dogs and a cat lying on me while I'm in bed. They love to cuddle.

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP