Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh My! Oscar's Naked!

"Hi Honey, I'm home!"
"Hi! How was your day?"
"Good, and yours?"
"Good. You know what day it is?"
"Wednesday?"
"It is BEE-AYE-TEA-EIGTCHA night!" (we actually spell out the word bath!)
"Oh yeah. Careful, he might learn to spell"


So tonight Oscar got a bath. He is not a big fan. So I start out with play time, sort of wear him out a little. Then we wrestle and play fetch with "Cuddle Bear".


After he gets worn out a little, I sneak downstairs and bring up a couple towels (usually behind my back so he does not see)! Then I put the "non-slip" shower thing in the tub so he keeps traction. That is when he knows what is going on, and he slinks off down the stairs to hide in the sofa!

He always seems amazed that I find him so easily!


So, here it is. That look that says "I can not believe you want to torture me so! Don't you love me anymore? What did I do wrong?......You are going to pay for this!!!"



After I give him his rinse and squeeze, Jimmy comes in and grabs a towel. This part Oscar actually enjoys! They wrestle with the towel to dry off. Feet, then ears, then butt, it is all big fun for Oscar.

After towel fun, he jumps into the bed to tear apart the blankets and throw the pillows "overboard"! I think this is his "pay-back" time. He only does it to my side of the bed! Oh, and just so you know, that bed was made before he got up there! He has developed his tantrum throwing skill to quite a level!

But look at that little butt! He is just too cute to argue with. Besides, after a minute he crawls under the blankets where it is all warm and takes a little nap.

6 comments:

Cool Breeze December 18, 2008 at 5:29 AM  

Yeah, what's up with that? It's like they go nuts after going through the torture.

BHE is always on me to wash our dog. He is a 95 lb black lab that does not care to be bathed. It is a pretty tough task.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. December 18, 2008 at 5:38 AM  

Oscar is adorable! I can see this happening with our two pups now!Sierra is 75 lbs and Balto is 65...not!!! They get their baths outside!

Anonymous,  December 18, 2008 at 5:50 AM  

he looks just like my neighbors dog...

who barks at EVERYONE. Sometimes incessantly. Except me. He likes me for some reason.

Anonymous,  December 18, 2008 at 6:29 AM  

Poor Oscar! Why must you torture him so? Heehee!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl December 18, 2008 at 7:17 AM  

FiSHeR sez: Y not likez wahteR Oscraz? S fun in der. Mizz u ats dah dey karez.

Lys December 18, 2008 at 5:12 PM  

AHHHH - is that what I have to look forward to?? Shadow - she gets a spa day. This pup and I are going to have to have a come to jesus chat. Of course the cat will laugh hysterically at Mr. Wiggles' getting a bath on the regular...

Oscar's tantrums are legendary - hot damn. Smart pup!

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP