Saturday, December 6, 2008

This hot bootay has gone cold....

So today we went out for our Christmas tree.  We brought it home and Jimmy is working on the lights.  I will cover that in tomorrows post.


After setting up the tree for Jimmy, I went outside to fix the pump in the pond.  The pump stopped working and needs immediate attention.  Did I say it is cold here?

So, the pond is about four feet deep and the pump is at the bottom, UNDER THE WATER!  Did I say it was cold here?

I climbed into the water, water that is about three million, seven hundred forty five thousand, eight hundred ninety seven and a half degrees below zero!  Oh, it is cold here!  Even the frost on the plants looked warm to me then!  I reached, bare handed into the water to work on the pump and it took about 40 minutes.  My once hot bootay, is now shivering and blue (and yes, we shall never talk about this again!!!!).  When my hands could hardly hold the screwdriver anymore, a miracle happened!  The pump started working!  A wonderful burst of water, flowing rapidly over the waterfall in sheets of white water happiness!!!  I screeched "At last, at last, at long last!!"  I curled my frozen phelangies (note how extremely smart I is by using that word instead of fingers)......I curled my frozen fingers around my screwdriver and climbed slowly out of the pond.  I turned to look at my handiwork, and the pump STOPPED, AGAIN!!!!

I climbed back in, spent about another ten minutes working on it all over again.  When I got fed up and wanted to cry from the cold, I decided to get the heck out and warm up for a spell.  I walked into the garage, just feet from the warmth of the house, and a thought dawned on me.  Circuit Breaker????

So, now, with the flick of a little switch, the Koi are now happy again!!!!  I myself, am just cold.  I hear the heating pad calling for me.  Can you hear it?  It is like Barbara Streisand in Yentl - "Hot Pad can you hear me.......Hot Pad can see me.....Hot pad are you near me.....(come on, sing it with me!!!)


5 comments:

Lys December 7, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

Blue Bootay, huh?

Well, at least you know that if it happens again, you can save yourself and head for the circuit box :)

Get warm!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl December 7, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

I'd TOTALLY come over to help warm yo booty up, but I'm afraid I'd give you my cold : ( Keep warm, sunshine!

HalfAsstic.com December 7, 2008 at 3:40 PM  

Bless your heart, honey! You know my parents have a really neat koi pond that I know all about because about 5 or 6 years ago John and I went to visit them and we dug it for them and did all the other crap you do along with the pump and rocks and waterfall and whatnot. It's really neat. AND, the best part? It's not nearly as cold in north Texas as it is where you are...
If the pump stops working I am going to volunteer you for the job, cause it will be a walk in the park after yours!

Frita December 7, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

You should head up our way... it was a balmy 56 degrees up in Seattle yesterday. That's shorts weather in these here parts...

I used to want a pond but now seeing yours and how much work it is to keep the damn koi alive, I'm left wondering.

Looking forward to seeing your tree. Does Jimmy + lights = story?

Suz Broughton December 7, 2008 at 11:14 PM  

Now THAT is commitment! I would just have let those fish freeze. But not you. You must REALLY love them *)
I say a bath is in order.

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP