Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Wedding...

On March 3, 2004 history for Oregon was created.  The night before, Multnomah county decided that not allowing same sex marriage was unconstitutional and allowed us the right to marriage.


3:30 the next morning, we brought out our tux's and went downtown to wait in line.  There were about 30 - 40 couples ahead of us.  Two women just ahead of us had over 40 years together!  It was amazing!

There were far more supporters then protesters, but the police were there anyway.  County workers came in early and stayed late, and were so kind to every one of us throughout the entire day.  We were interviewed by TV, Radio and newspapers!  They found my military history interesting and OPB and NPR were in their hay-day.  There is so much to talk about, but I would go on and on forever!  Lets just leave it as one of the happiest days of my life!

Later on they repealed and the decision was reversed, but I still have the license and the memory.......

Here is the video of our "wedding"....



6 comments:

Lys December 13, 2008 at 2:59 PM  

Awwww! Seriously, you guys just rock!

HalfAsstic.com December 13, 2008 at 3:28 PM  

What do you mean "wedding"? It really was a WEDDING. And you two really are married. They can change the laws after the fact, but they can't undo the ceremony, or un-say the words.
No one can EVER take this away from you just like every time you say "I love you." It's yours and it can never be taken away.
Bells can not be un-rung.
I am so happy for you both.

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl December 14, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

Awwwww, I'm crying AGAIN! I cry happy tears every time I come on this site. Jeez! You both are sexy bitches. I gave you an award on my site--there's even a boa involved. Love you guys!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl December 14, 2008 at 8:29 AM  

Oh and DUDE! I totally could have come over for dinner last night--these "weather" people are going to PAY for making me miss it. I hope it was fun!

Frita December 14, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

I just have to say Awww too! You guys are too cute! HalfAsstic is right on about that. Nothing can take that away from you.

Suz Broughton December 15, 2008 at 12:18 AM  

Thanks for sharing this! Really beautiful and touching.

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP