Sunday, March 29, 2009

Debbie gives a guest blog!

I asked Debbie to write a guest blog, mostly because I would love, love, love to see her start one of her own!  I think she is the cats meow, and would love to see her post daily!  What would we call it? Should I just set one up for her to start?  Who knows for sure, but here is her first step into the blogosphere!!!  Thanks Debbie! 


  YIPPEE-YAHOOOOO!!
 
 
We're Back-We're On-And Hitting The Road!
 
Dear readers of this wonderful blog, I've had the most amazing morning and been asked to share it with you.
 
Predo, Jimmy, Naomi, Tim and I are to be reunited once again after years of wandering in the desert!   I am dancing around this house, my cheeks are flushed bright red, and suddenly - just for this moment, balance is restored in the world.
 
Who knows what will happen when we are all together again?   Will the very earth tremble?   Will the world know joy again?   Exactly what happens when old friends come back together?
 
Personally I know there will be lots of shocked reactions from my old posse when they see me after all of these years.   I am an old woman now in appearance and haven't tried to conceal it.   Like Maxine, I figured Why Bother? years ago.   Like Popeye, I yam what I yam what I yam.
 
Throughout my life I have loved looking at old people and the stories their bodies tell me about their lives.   Old bodies don't lie, don't conceal the miles, the heartaches, the joys and pains of this life.   Especially the hands.   Before any words are ever spoken, I can read the life of a man or woman simply by what their body tells me.   I hope mine tells the truth to my old friends.  My truth.  My life.
 
I hope it tells them that though it has aged greatly, that inside this body is the Debbie that delighted in their company when we all first met and joined our spirits to one another.   Here's what else I hope..
 
I hope I don't end up laughing so hard and continuously while we're together that I pee my pants. 
I hope I remember not to drink too much or I'll pass out early and miss the fun.
I hope that we see shooting stars at Naomi's farm.
I hope I get to share hundreds of hugs and kisses.
I hope Predo's grandpa likes me.
I hope I get to dance the polka in Wisconsin at least once and eat cheese curds till I fall down.
I hope we have a tick check and don't find any.
I hope we find another roadside attraction or leave one behind somehow.?
 
And I can't wait!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown March 29, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

Awwww, Debbie...that is an awesome guest post. Now, get your own blog and share all your wisdom and wonderful experiences with all of us. We really don'y bite hard at all!

Have a fabulous time everyone!

Cheese curds...someone said cheese curds....my eye for some cheese curds!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. March 29, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

Love it Debbie Girl! Hmmmm let's see a name for you own blog...I think I like "Little Debbies". It has a sweet name to it!

What the hell are cheese curds???

Debbie Girl...welcome to the club..wheather you like it or not!

Big Hair Envy March 29, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

Debbie, you REALLY need your own blog. We need to know SO much more about Predo!!!! Heehee!!!

May I join your group in Wisconsin? I promise not to eat all of the cheese curds!!! Promise!!

Predo - You have the coolest friends:)

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl March 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

You guys are going to have such an amazing time! I hope I get a chance to get out there and meet you! But if not, I don't have to tell you to bring some extra pairs of pants because you for sure WILL pee from laughing so hard.

(Love the bloggy update Predo ; )

Suz Broughton March 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

Yep. She needs to get her own blog! Great post!

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP