Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oscar

Our little Oscar has been getting lots more car rides!  A couple weeks ago, Oscar got sick and through up about 10 times.  This of course is a very bad thing for doggies, so we took him to the vet.  The first thought was that he had eaten something bad.  We soon found out that his liver was not functioning properly and were referred to another vet.


The new vet introduced herself to Oscar, before me.  She let him sniff her and her "tools of the trade".  She spoke to him, comforted him, and then let me know what she saw.  She was great!

So, yesterday, Oscar had an Ultrasound and a liver biopsy.  We are waiting for the results for now.  

When I got home from work last night, he met me at the door as is his usual custom, but instead of jumping all over me, he laid down and rolled over.  "Dad, look what happened to my belly!" is pretty much what he wanted to tell me.  His entire underside was shaved completely, and he had a little ouchie just off to the side.  I got down on my hands and knees, bent over, and started giving his naked little tummy soft kisses.  I then picked him up, went upstairs, and put him on the bed.  I got undressed, crawled into bed, and lifted up the blankets so he could join me.  With Oscar stretched out next to me, and my hand resting tenderly on his ouchie, we both slept a full 6 hours.

It was a great night.  I hope the test results come back soon.

9 comments:

I Am Woody March 11, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

Poor little Oscar - I hope you hear good news from the vet! Those little four-legged things just worm their way into our hearts, don't they?

PS - 6 hours? 6 hours is a good night?!? That's not even a good start for me;)

Unknown March 11, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

Give Oscar lots of smoochies for me too. I will be prayng for him!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. March 11, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

Hoping all the best for Oscar boy!
I cannot tell you the last time I slept 6 hours straight!
Lucky you.

Bella Della March 11, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

Oh, what a sweet story. He deserves lot of kissies and so do you!

Anonymous,  March 11, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

Oh, NO! Poor little guy! It's SO awful when our pets are sick. Our children can tell us what hurts, our pets cannot. I'll keep his little naked tummy and his ouchie in my prayers:)

ab March 11, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

Awwwww poor little guy! Give him lots of treats! My Sophie just had surgery a week ago and is getting her stitches out today. I can sympathize with wanting to give them anything they want went they're not doing well. Sending good thoughts your way!!!

random thougths March 11, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

Give Oscar all the lovin he wants! Waiting on test results really sucks! good luck to both of you...

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl March 12, 2009 at 1:48 AM  

Awwww, Fishy and I send him big hugs and kisses and good thoughts that he will be just fine.

Lys March 15, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

Wiggs, Shadow and I are keepin' fingers and paws crossed that it all comes out fine.

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP