Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A thousand years ago....

Seems like a thousand years ago, my childhood.  I spent so long either trying to forget it, or come to terms with it.  What ever the case, there are those memories that I regret losing.


Grandpa worked over 30 years at his night job, ran a farm during the day, and raised his 6 children.  There was only so much time I got to spend with him.  He made a point of giving me a few minutes of every day he could.  It was just for us.  He was really thoughtful that way.


That is why the picture makes me feel kind of sad.  This is the Grandpa I remember best, but I don't remember when this picture was taken or what we were doing.  It is a moment I seem to have lost, and won't get back.  I have to admit though, it is nice to see us together.  It brings on other memories that I have not lost.  Memories of a time long ago.  Memories that fill me with comfort, and not the sting of fear. 

Aside from that, WOW, was I a dork or what?

7 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. March 17, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

What a great picture! Cherish that! Even if you do think you looked like a dork! I dont think so though. I wish I had a picture of me and my grandpa together. After all these years I still think of him often and miss him!

ab March 17, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

I never knew either of my grandfathers...cherish what you have. And you are super cute in this pic.

Bella Della March 17, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

I don't think the memories are ever lost- just blended, set aside, held until you need them most. Like ab above I never knew my grandfathers- I'd give anything for a picture like this. But you know how blessed you are.

Unknown March 17, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

We were all dorks at that age!!!

I cherish all my photos with my grandparents and I am glad that you have that gift.

Jason, as himself March 17, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

We were all dorky that year. You're lucky to have such a great grandfather.

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl March 17, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

You were AND STILL ARE adorable! I would have had a crush on you then ... just like I do now! ; )

Hey, are you working Friday night? Some peeps from AHL are getting together near your 'hood. I think I'm going to pop by for a couple of hours. Call me if you can make it!

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP