Thursday, March 26, 2009

A little design idea.....

Last month we had new windows put in.  We have needed to do this for about 10 years, but waited for the right time, and right price.  I think we did pretty well. 

We bought the house as a foreclosure, and have been improving on it over the years.  So, Sunday and Monday, I actually took time off for a week-end and finished one of my "to do" items.

These are pictures of the new windows in the bedroom and guest room.  As you can see, we have almost bench seating in them.  For a while I did not know what to do with them, and then decided to put tile on them.  The wood ledge that was there has been scratched and gouged from before we owned the house.  I had painted them white to blend, but wanted a more formal feel for the decor.

The tile is not mounted or grouted.  This way, we can change them out at any time!  If we decide to change color scheme, or just update for a different season we can.

What do you think?

5 comments:

Bella Della March 26, 2009 at 10:43 AM  

Looks great. I love that you can remove them or change them out.

Anonymous,  March 26, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

I like them...I love that your window sills are so deep. you couldnt set champagne flute on mine.

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl March 26, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

Nice! Just like EVERYTHING in your house!

(I know, I miss working with you too : ( Tell your jobby job to send your ass downtown!)

Suz Broughton March 26, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

Can't have too many windows. Good call. Love the LOVE Boat theme!

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP