Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ahhhhhh......

Today was horrible.  Nothing went right at work.  
  • System continuously rebooting
  • Dropped full cup of coffee on counter, next to the sink, not in it
  • Economic environment making the future look hopeless
  • Not a single positive response to any of my efforts
  • Not a single Gin and Tonic in sight
  • Worked through lunch as a favor for a client, who was laid off by the time I finished
  • Sneezed while standing up and smacked my head on my shelf
  • Still no Gin and Tonic
  • 5 months of negotiations on contract put on hold and possibly dead
  • Blah, blah, blah
I wanted nothing more then to just get home and hide from the world.  I hit every light red, was surrounded by cars obviously driven by idiots and then got stuck behind a school bus of football players - stopping at every driveway!

I finally made it home, shut off the engine, walked through the garage and up the stairs.

Oscar met me, wriggling from excitement from head to toe, just to see me.  At the top of the stairs I sat down on the floor and just squeezed him.  Then Vera walked over and gave me a little kitty head butt, schmoozed her face all over me and rolled over for a belly rub.  After rubbing her belly for a moment I stood up to receive a hug and kiss from Jimmy.  Everything is now perfect!

I am going to top it all off with a nice long bath.  Oscar will come in and give me a lick to check on me, Vera will sit on the edge of the tub watching as if to say "OH MY GOODNESS,  THAT WATER IS ALL AROUND YOU!!!  SAVE YOURSELF" and Jimmy will bring me a nice tall Gin and Tonic and another kiss.

No matter what the day is like, I come home and it is the greatest day I ever had!  Nothing, and I do mean Nothing, makes a day like Love does!

Whatever your day was like, look around you at the people who make it worth while, and tell them you love them, everyday!

Thank you all for your blogs, and your comments.  I love our time together and the freedom we have in it!  I love you all!  Off to the tub now, and SSG, stop thinking about my butt!

4 comments:

Bella Della November 18, 2008 at 6:00 PM  

You are so right. I had my own list like that today. And then everything is okay when I walk through the door to my man and my animals. They make it all okay. We are really, really blessed, you know?

It's so fun to get to know you...although after reading your witty comments to SSG for so many months I feel like I alreay do pretty well. It's a shame a whole country divides us all :)

Good night and sweet dreams!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl November 18, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

Awwww, I'm so sorry you had a bad day! Remember when we'd run to Dairy Queen on those days? Nothing is better than a peanut butter parfait ... unless of course it's your hot ass we're talkin' about! Yeowza!

Suz Broughton November 18, 2008 at 7:20 PM  

I've had days like those. Yesterday was one. You are right, it's nice to come home to (all the) animals and a family that loves you. I feel sorry for the people who have it the other way around--all perfect at work or on the outside, but don't have love in their life.
Have a nice bath...I wonder what you will be listening to...maybe a little Sade tonight.

Anonymous,  November 19, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

So sorry you had a rough day:( I'm surprised that your employer doesn't provide gin & tonic for just such an occasion.

You know, sometimes I complain about the laundry, or the dog and cat hair. BUT, at the end of the day, those things don't even matter as long as my family and pets are safe and content. What a small price to pay for so much joy! Of course, the red wine also helps.

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP