Sunday, November 30, 2008

Parachute pants and teenage angst....

Yes, in 1982 I had parachute pants, and teenage angst! Of course, then
parachute pants were tight with lots of zippers (very unlike the MC Hammer
vision - control yourself SSG!). These pants were designed for breakdancing,
and yes I did that as well (did it, not good at it). I will spare you the heavy
beats and meaningless lyrics of breakdance music, but instead through the
teenage angst songs instead!


So, Wham rap was released in 1982 but did not make it big until 1983. Oh,
aren't they so young!!!!






Heart of Glass by Blondie resurfaced, thanks to that back beat and the
breaking mix movement...




And who did not get moved by the Human League!!!! The hairstyle
soundtrack!!!!


And a slow dance from my first time in the gymnasium after dark!
I hated school dances - here is Foreigner (oddly enough) waiting for a
girl like you!



And Dan Fogelberg hit me with The Leader of the Band. This took
me away to a world I actually wanted to live in, and it kind of made
me sad. My friend thinks it was great make-out music!



Heat of the moment by Asia made me buy the album and follow
them in Tiger Beat!!!!



And of course, Oh Predo your so fine oh Predo - by Toni Basil




6 comments:

Anonymous,  December 1, 2008 at 7:55 AM  

I enjoyed ALL of those back in the day; however, I must say that ASIA was at the top of my list! LOVED them!!!!!! I thought they played pretty good make-out music:) Not that I was making out or anything. I'm just NOT that kind of girl.

Bwahahahahaha!

Lys December 1, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

Ahhh - the memories. My fave had to be Wham Rap tho... :)

Bella Della December 1, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

You always make the best music selections. Isn't YouTube awesome for this stuff?

Hope you had a good holiday and got some rest and took good care of yourself. Wish I could have shared some popcorn with you guys!

Hugs to you!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl December 1, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

Predo can you hear meeeee? Predo can you seeeee meeee? Predo can you feeeeeel meeee? (No Babs back in the day?) And Predo you ARE so fine! Please put a video up of you dancing to Hammer. I CAN'T be the only one to bear witness to such sexiness and stamina! What will Jimmy think?

Predo December 1, 2008 at 7:21 PM  

Sexiness? Stamina? As BHE would say....BWAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Oh, excuse me, I need to go lie down for a moment!

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP