Thursday, November 6, 2008

A simple conversation

This morning I was walking Oscar before day-care.  Two people were walking behind me on their way to the bus stop and a fire-truck drove buy (no sirens or lights).  The following conversation took place while I did my best not to laugh.


  • Girl - "Oh, FIREMEN!"
  • Boy - "Jeeze, what is the deal?  I mean aside from the stupid uniform, what have you got?"
  • Girl - "They multitask!"
  • Boy - "What?" (with obvious distain)
  • Girl - "They multitask.  Not only to they take GREAT care of themselves, they take care of others.  Like saving lives and stuff!"
  • Boy - "How the heck is that multitasking?"
  • Girl - "Okay, so they are putting out fires, providing first aide, monitoring everyone else's safety, and at the same time they are listening.  They listen, understand and react!"
  • Boy -"I could do that!"
  • Girl - " While watching Football?"
  • Boy - "Well....."
  • Girl -"Well what?  It is what every Girl Wants!  A man who can take care of us, listen when we are speaking, even while other things are happening and actually understand what we said!  It's better then sex, but the uniform helps out there too!"
  • Boy - "Argh"
  • Girl - "What?"
  • Boy -  (silence, then) "Nothing!"
  • Girl - "What?"
  • Boy - "I just don't don't like to belittle!"
  • Girl - "Well I can't help you with that problem, but if you learn how to tie a cherry stem in a knot you might still get a date!"

He was quiet all the way to the bus stop!

9 comments:

Anonymous,  November 6, 2008 at 4:58 PM  

I'm VERY good at tying a knot in a cherry stem!!! Makes for great bar conversation:) My husband pimps me out on that from time to time!!!!

Wade, I think I need a guy like you in my life to listen, and understand what I'm talking about. Would you empathize if I told you that my butt is getting too big, and that I hate my hair??? I KNEW you would! My daughter is a singer/show choir chick. She has some gay BFF's and they are THE BEST! I've threatened to adopt one of them - he is ready to move in any time!!! Unfortunately, I cannot afford the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed:(

Predo November 6, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

Okay Big Hair Envy, as to the butt! Look at the top 100 greatest works of art. How many female nudes are in that group? Are they those twigs of a woman we see on the stupid news stand? No, they are hot, bodacious Babes with boobs and bootay! Now that's hot!!! As far as the hair, I need much more definition, but every problem has a solution. As too adoption, any good safe home that is understanding is TOTALLY FABULOUS AND I LOVE YOU FOR IT!!!!!! Now, if you want to keep him around longer, we as a people like shiny things. Just throw some sequins out on the table. That will keep him dazzled for hours! Just don't let him over-dose!

Anonymous,  November 6, 2008 at 5:25 PM  

I love you, man. I think we are soul sisters:) Wanna come over for wine? I believe we could solve all of the world's problems over a glass, or four:)

I'm going to have to start planning my trip to Portland. You and SSG are THE BEST!

Predo November 6, 2008 at 5:30 PM  

She is coming over this week-end to corn row my bak hair!!!!

Anonymous,  November 6, 2008 at 5:43 PM  

Will there be lemon drops? Heehee!

I'll cook, if you will provide the entertainment!!!! Or at least a nice manicure.

Why did you delete your comment on my blog? There is never a need to do that. I love everyone who is willing to take the time to leave a comment. It's just how I roll:)

Should we switch to email?

Predo November 6, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

I deleted my message cuz it did not fit into the scheme of things! Just did not go with your other comments there. I think Saturday I will be able to post my email address (if I figure it out....) Other then that it is movie night! I am on my way downstairs to watch Indiana Jones with the hubby! I will let you know how it turns out! Until then, stay super sexy and remember I LOVE THE BIG HAIR BABY!!!!!!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl November 6, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

Oh my god, you guys are TOO funny. And HELLO? More fireman posts please, but next time with PHOTOS!

Bella Della November 6, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

You two are hilarious. I feel like I am missing the party or something. I think the VA gals are going to be on their way to Portland very soon. I am thinking party bus :)

I am so caught up in the comments I almost forgot how priceless the post is- makes my night.

Since my mom lurks on here I will have to e-mail my thoughts on cherry stem talents :)

Sweet dreams.

Anonymous,  November 6, 2008 at 6:46 PM  

Enjoy your movie Predo. Indiana Jones is super sexy!!! We'll talk later.....it's late on the east coast, and I need to get my tired booty into bed:)

Luv you! Can't wait to catch a Broadway show - by that time, my daughter may be in the production:)

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP