Monday, November 3, 2008

Lets get naked!!



Lets get naked and take a relaxing bath!  

First and foremost, schedule some time for yourself and make it a routine!



Make sure that the phone is shut off or unplugged, and that no children or guests enter into your private time.  (If married or involved, I suggest you make it very clear that during this time your spouse/significant other understands their responsibilities in this matter!)

 

Open a nice bottle of wine, grab a nice glass, and set both on the floor next to the tub (you probably won’t drink the whole bottle, but it is there if you need more in your glass!)

 

Bring in music.  I personally have an iPod player, and a specific playlist for a particular mood.  Play something without a significant beat, preferably something with a Spa like atmosphere.

 

Stop the drain, poor bubble bath, and start the water filling (of course at a safe and comfortable temperature as you can always warm it up again in a while)

 

Set out and light a single candle.  More then one is too much.  Besides, the light from one candle dances to music and the mood.  I set this on the floor (since my floor is tiled) and let the light make shadows on the wall and ceiling.

 

Stop the water when filled and foamy.  Place a big fluffy bathrobe for use after bathing, then undress.

 

Tell yourself how beautiful you are!  You have this wondrous and amazing body, you should be proud of it!  Tell yourself that you are a spectacular being, because you definitely are!

 

Enter the tub slowly, feet first.  Feel the stress and frustration of life wash instantly away!

 

Reach over the edge of the tub, pour a glass of wine, and begin to relax.

 

Do not think of the world outside the tub.  Let your mind wonder, let your body feel it’s parts in the warm relaxing water.  Let yourself be overtaken in complete comfort.

 

Fill wine glass as needed, add warm water as needed, and enjoy.

 

(make sure you drink water before and after your time in the tub, we don’t want to be dehydrated now do we!)

 

Once completed with bath, do a quick rinse in the shower, towel dry, put on robe and go to the kitchen with the wine.  Place remaining wine in fridge, fill a large water glass with ice and water.  Go to the bedroom, place the water next to the bed, turn off anything that makes light or noise, and crawl under the covers.

 

Now relax even more deeply, and fall asleep.  Dream about the incredible person that you are and will continue to be, then dream about me naked!

 

Good night!

5 comments:

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl November 3, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

And by wine you mean lemon drop, right? Ok GOOD, I was worried there for a second. I'm going to go do a swan dive into my tub right this minute! PERFECT rainy night for it!

Anonymous,  November 4, 2008 at 6:22 AM  

Would it be inappropriate to drink the WHOLE bottle of wine? :)

Bella Della November 4, 2008 at 7:27 AM  

SSG is right, it's the perfect rainy day for a hot bath like this. You know, I used to treat myself to this sort of thing all the time and now I NEVER do it. The bubble bath will be calling my name when I get home tonight.

Predo November 4, 2008 at 8:01 AM  

Okay, so let me reiterate the need for the above practice to occur on a routine basis. Lemon Drops, wine, Gin and tonics or even a Fireman or two. What ever the case, make time for yourself at least every two weeks. You deserve it!!!

Lys November 4, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

make it a police officer and this gal is SOLD :) Sounds like a good idea and every two weeks - with my schedule, I think it's needed...

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP