Monday, November 10, 2008

Love, Life, and Time



This is Jimmy, my partner, and our furry little boy, Oscar.  

 

 

We also have a furry little princess named Vera.


 

I have a unique family, I know, but this family chose to love me for who I am, and nothing more.  Pretty simple right?  Kind of, you see, I waited for the right guy to come along, and I was willing to wait a long time.  Then there was Jimmy!

 

He is the sweetest, most loving, wonderful man in the world.  We are almost complete opposites, but I think that is why it works.  Anyway, I knew he was what I had been waiting for, and down the yellow brick road we went!

 

Now, more then 17 years later, we are still the same.  There isn't anyone more important to me then my family.  Jimmy has more value in my heart then life itself.  I can not imagine ever being without him.  My close friends and family just know how we are, and that it is forever, but strangers or new acquaintances always ask how we do it.  Well, we aren’t “doing it”, it is not a chore or a job, it just is.  Having said that, we do have a routine that might help others understand:

 

  • Say “I love you” every morning, at the end of every phone call, before leaving, before bed time and anytime you feel you want to.  You don’t know what will happen in an hour, make sure your partner knows how you feel, everyday.
  • Don’t try to change, either yourself or your partner.  If you love them as they are, you have enough.
  • Treat your partner better then you would treat yourself.
  • Every once in a while give a little gift of thoughtfulness.  For example, a post it note that say’s “coupon for one kiss” or their favorite candy bar.  Maybe flowers, or even a single flower.  Maybe even write their name on your chest over your heart.  Just something to show that you think about them when they are not around.
  • Spend time with them that is not a chore, also, spend time away from them that is not a chore.
  • Make plans together.
  • Touch, kiss, cuddle and hold hands outside the bedroom.
  • Tell them how beautiful and sexy they are.  Describe why.
  • Watch them undress, get dressed, or shower once in a while, just for fun.
  • Know their minds, their bodies, and their habits.  Know them, understand them.
  • Be excited to go home.  Nothing makes my day better then going home to see Jimmy and the pets. 
  • Hug at least twice a day.
  • Thank them, for everything they do.  Let them know you appreciate the effort it takes to love you!
  • Don’t judge.

 

 

There is so much more, and I could go on and on, but this blog is not long enough.

 

Like I said earlier, our friends (and anyone else who is around us for all of five minutes) can see how we operate.  We live by the thought of treating others like you would want to be treated.  For example, we think that everyone in our home deserves comfort, love, hugs, kisses, cocktails and a pet to play on the floor with!!  


Luv Ya!!!

 

5 comments:

Bella Della November 11, 2008 at 6:11 AM  

Beautiful post. I especially love the first one. I believe in this to my core. You can't tell someone you love them enough. I grew up in a family that if you forgot to say it at the end of a phone call you would call back just to say I love you.

Hugs to you and have a great day!
Kim

Suz Broughton November 11, 2008 at 6:56 AM  

Yes, yes, yes, Isn't it simple, but so hard to remember sometimes. Really wonderfully put.
Suz

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl November 11, 2008 at 7:24 AM  

I love you guys! (You forgot to mention how good of a COOK Jimmy is. And how good of a BARTENDER you are!) ... and my word verification thingy to post is "gases" which seems v.v. appropriate for you ; )

Big Hair Envy November 11, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

What a beautiful post. I think it just goes to show that it's the little things in life that make it worth living! Things that are easy to overlook, but mean SO much in a cumulative fashion.

Heehee! My word verification is dogsho......dog, fo sho!!!

Lys November 13, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

Amazing post - definitely heartwarming.

Did SSG say BARTENDING??? *moves to Oregon*

About Me

My photo
Just some random thoughts from a random guy in a random world...

Link to me

Images

Some of the images above were found on the internet.  If these images are being used without permission, please let me know and I will remove them.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP